Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

It has Begun

Hey Everyone,

Welcome to my photography blog!  I've created this site for several reasons - first, to share my passion for photography with my friends, family and visitors to the page.  Second, I hope this blog will help keep me motivated to continue to strive to make technically, artistically and creatively better pictures.  I also plan on sharing knowledge, tips and tricks that I pick up along the way and I will review all of the products I can get my hands on.

Here's a bit about myself...  I'm a 26-year-old civil engineer in the US Air Force.  I've been married to my best friend, Meaghan, for a little over a year.  I'm originally from Hampshire, IL and I graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2006 with a BS in Civil Engineering.  I've always been interested in taking pictures but I've just recently decided that I'm ready to invest the time, money and effort to take strides toward becoming a 'real' photographer.  If I'm able to realize my dream, I will someday be able to make a living in photography.

I recently purchased my first DSLR, a Nikon D300s, and I can't wait to use it.  Unfortunately, I'm currently serving a 365 day deployment in Afghanistan and the weather conditions scare me just a little too much to send my camera out here.  So, it will be waiting for me when I get home in February.  Until that point, I'll post some of my favorite pictures taken this year with my Sony point-and-shoot.

Please feel free to leave any compliments or constructive criticism on my images.  Your input will help guide me toward better images.  Also, feel free to drop me a line.  Thanks for visiting and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment